Lola background

Friday, January 29, 2010

Letter to an Enemy


Dear Ms. Flab,

     I am writing to let you know that your services are no longer required. Your position here came about only through a series of circumstances that certainly could have been prevented. However, since the door was opened, and you felt welcomed, you have had a decently long run in your position. You may, however, made the mistaken assumption that you are welcome here, and that you and I have become good friends - bosom buddies of sorts. But I am here to tell you that you were never welcome, and you and I were never friends.

     I am also writing to you to mention that I am doing what I can to make sure that your days here are numbered. It is clear that you cling to me with every bit of strength that you have. Let me tell you that though I may waiver from time to time, my resolve is strong, and I will celebrate and do a little jig once I am rid of you. To put it bluntly, I detest you. You have limited the choices that I have made, you have made me feel 'less than', you have led me to believe that I didn't deserve the good things in life, you have prevented me from looking nice in clothes, and your scheming ways were slowly leading me to a life that was unhealthy. In fact, you may have even made me ill and taken years off my life, if I hadn't decided to take measures to remove you. You are an uninvited guest in my life, and I want you gone.

     If you take issue with this, tough shit. Go tell it to HR - you will find that they, as well as all my family and friends support me, and they will quickly show you the door. Ms. Flabby, let me say this so that we are absolutely clear: Get the hell out of my life.

Good riddance,
Kimberly

7 comments:

THE DASH! said...

lol Love it - and you tell that flab where to go! Funny :)

Dinnerland said...

Nothing wrong with telling flab to get the hell out of here...

Barbara said...

Wow .. great letter.. for a minute I thought you were firing your bra.. but better yet the flab. I am with you, it has no place in your or my life... so hit the road.. great post Kimberly

Sandy said...

LOL. Can't wait to fire mine for good! Great post.

Anonymous said...

Well done! Congrats on kicking Ms. Flabby out on her behind!

Brooke said...

F*cking flab!

I wish I could send my flab packing but it only seems to be getting more flabby around here--- not less!

momma2fi said...

Glad you all liked my post. I felt I had to make a formal request to Ms. Flab, thinking that I might sound more official and serious! lol