Ok - so how much, do you think? The reason why I want to know is because I KNOW FOR SURE that I lost a golf-ball size bit of weight yesterday. Seriously! In fact, I know exactly when I lost it - it was at 11:00 am. How did I do it, do you ask? No, not with a work out. No, not by cutting my hair. I actually had surgery yesterday, and had a lumpectomy on my left breast. A golf-ball size amount was taken out, to be exact. Now, don't worry - it was a preventative thing. Apparently I have some 'suspicious' calcifications that are - well, were - grouping in my left boob. The doc said she didn't like the looks of them, and therefore I didn't have a bad mammogram (no real sign of the big C), but she said it wasn't a good mammogram either. She wanted to take these out so that they didn't have the chance to turn into something else. So, I thought I'd share this info, and make light of it by thinking of it as losing a bit of weight! I mean, come on! How many of us can say that we lost an exact amount of weight, and exactly when they lost it?? Apparently, I can, and it was yesterday at 11:00am. lol. But on a more serious note, I am only 43, and don't have a family history of any breast cancer - which is the main thing that doctors look for - a history of it. So girls, I'm reminding you to take care of your two girls!! Go get your mammo if you are mid 30s or above! Your boobies will thank you.
Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:
so glad to hear it was just a preventative thing and not a serious thing! Take care of yourself and oh, yeah, CONGRATS on your golf ball loss! :)
Wow.
My sister had Breast cancer at age 36 so I've been watched since I was 32 onwards (I am 39 now.) You have a great attitude about the calcifications, and I am glad you are healthy. I agree about keeping a close watch on all of our 'boobies!' Hope you have an easy recovery from the lumpectomy.
Vanessa
Excellent reminder! I just had my annual appt this last Monday so I'm set for another year unless something else comes up ;)
Holy cow - I'm glad that it was preventative and not a cure thing - but still - that must have been horrible for you. Are you ok? I really hope so :) It's a good reminder for all us women to get out there and do those checks!!
Very Very VERY glad that it was preventative. It is so important to keep the girls in check. I am only 25, but went to college who I went to school with, whom in their early 20's had developed the Big C...it is scary, and can happen at any age! Monthly Exams are SO important, so is gettin in if you feel a difference.
On a 'lighter' note...congrats on being a golf ball size lighter. :)
I hope youre feeling okay and doing well...
So glad to hear that it was just "nipping it in the bud" way to go for taking care of your ta ta's! Congrats on the loss, hey we take what we can get!
Post a Comment