FINALLYFINALLYFINALLYFINALLYFINALLYFINALLYFINALLYFINALLYFINALLY!
WOW! As many of you know, I have some to a stand still in terms of weight loss since October. I've actually gained a couple, but just a couple. I've been bad, unmotivated, off track, off the wagon, all the things you can think of. Well, I have been focusing so hard mentally in the last month to finally get myself on track, but thinking about it and doing it are two different things. Well, I have finally gone from thinking to doing, by not only kicking myself in the ASSSSSSSS but also with a loving nudge from my hubby. Remember that we both had lap band surgery this past summer (lil bugger has lost 65). We bought all this great gym equipment, something that we would have never had room for when we were living in NYC, so we felt so great that we actually had space for it! But, or should I say BUTT, it had done nothing but gather dust for the last couple months. NOT ANYMORE! I got on the treadmill, and only did 20 minutes at approx. 3.5 mph, but I did it! I also got back to counting my calories (need to working on counting protein and water). But in just a couple days, I am down already! I've lost 38 lbs now!
I have to tell you that if you are reading this, chances are that I am also reading your blog, and your own struggles, and inspiring stories of working out and watching what goes in your pie hole has also made such a big difference in getting me off my ARSE! I think that consistently reading about people who are working consistently on improving themselves, through diet and exercise, does eventually rub off on you! So I hope that I stick to it! I was also inspired, in part, in a different kind of way about a week ago. As many of you know (read the last couple posts) I had a lumpectomy (which came back benign!!!) about a week ago. However, one of the nurses that helped me prepare was actually quite a large person. She noticed that on my charts I had lost some weight. I fessed up and told her that I had lapband, and we began discussing it. She eventually told me that she had gastric bypass about 5 years ago, but then became pregnant, eventually gaining all the weight back. ALL OF IT _ IF NOT MORE!! To be honest with you, I was horrified. We talked about diet restrictions, and that I am having issues with bread. She said that she used to have issues, such as sugar, bread, etc. But she said that now she has NO RESTRICTION WHATSOEVER! DESPITE HAVING HAD GASTRIC!! Clearly, she has stretched out her pouch enough to have created a large stomach again. Again, I was horrified. It made me even more committed to not only losing the weight, but learning new eating habits that will prevent me from having her experience. So sorry for the long post, but I'm motivated, and I thought I better get it all down so that I can retrack the blog if I ever need future motivation again.
Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:
Found you through some other WLS blogs. Congrats on your weight loss so far and I wish you the best in the future. :)
Oh, doesn't that just strike terror into your heart - the thought of having done the very last option aka WLS and then have it not work either.
Obviously something went wrong for her - but it doesn't have to be like that. You keep doing what you're doing and it's going to work for you!! It has to.
Good news about the lumpectomy :)So glad all was ok.
You have a good day too :)
WELL THAT IS GREAT NEWS! Hopefully this will be the start of some movement in the right direction. I fall off track too ya know! You just gotta get back on.
And ditto on hearing horror stories about WLS not working. Let us now think about it!
Fantastic news on the exercise front!!
Stories about bypass patients who gain it all back again totally freak me out. I feel like I hear this fairly often. I am so glad that the band makes it easier for us to keep it off. I do not want to EVER go back to being 70+ pounds overweight.
Great blogging, girl! I'm just catching myself up on you, as I've been distracted for a little while...
I'm SO happy for you! I can remember reading your blogs and feeling right there with you. Stuck.
I'm happy to see you're on a roll. And I'm happy to report that I am too!
Great blogging!
Post a Comment