Lola background

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"This is why you're fat"



Well, after reading Lynn's post tonight (the blubber blog), and how her 'last supper' before surgery was sooo disappointing, I left a message saying that the band not only changes your taste buds (things don't taste the same, or aren't as gratifying), and changes your eyes for food as well. It reminds me of when I was preparing for my surgery, and I was goofing around on the web, doing word searches such as 'fat'. I found a website that I visited just days before my surgery. It was intended as a joke, I'm sure, but I found myself laughing at first, then I was in amazement, and then disgust, and finally to dry heaving. If you are interested, and want to lose all interest in food (at least temporarily, lol), visit this site: thisiswhyyourefat.com     Wait for the images to load, and then keep hitting the next button. There are hundreds of images! Yuck. Double yuck.

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Holy Burger Bun Batman! People actually manage to wade their way through those huge burgers. My cholesterol just went up looking at them.
Great post!

Amy W. said...

I didnt go to the site, but damn that thing looks good and meaty and gooey and all the things I love! But, thanks to the band...amy eats it no more!

Amy said...

That is absolutely disgusting! My gallbladder, that has been removed from my body, is twitching somewhere just by me looking at that picture! LOL

I do want to second what you said about your eyes changing. This actually happened to me pre-surgery. I really think the switch was flipped in my brain - stuff that I would drool over in the past, actually made me sick to think about eating.

Brooke said...

Okay, confession time: I get hungry when I look at that site.

Plus, I like unusual foods and unusual food combinations. (Not gross stuff, but those burgers on the screen look de-lish to me, he-he).