
I'm such an egghead (pic is of me with DH and DD about 6 months ago). Okay, I am trying my best not to step on the scales! I am trying to limit myself to only Sundays and Wednesdays, but damn, it's hard! I know it is better to wait a couple days and see a bigger jump, or more importantly, no gain. But I am sooo impatient, and if I were a kid again, and if I knew I could get away with it, I would probably unwrap all my presents before Xmas. lol. In fact, my younger and more impatient sister once talked me into unwrapping all our presents, and then taping them back up. She convinced me that if we use a knife to slice through the tape, and if we paid attention to how the present was wrapped, mom would never know. Well, we unwrapped them, and I was so pissed that I got the matronly makeup mirror, and my sister got the cool one that I wanted!!! This is a childhood version of karma, I'm sure. So, now I need to not jump on the scales, so that I'm not disappointed with the results before the final prize finally arrives. DAMN!! Anyone else with scale obsession out there???
5 comments:
That's a tough one. I'm an every day girl, just because I really know I can't wait a week.
But when the wt ls slows down from the post op period I'll be regretting that decision, I'm sure!
Keep up the good work! You're doing great!
Thanks for your wonderful comment on my post! And thanks for adding a link to your own blog! I will have to say that I believe in weighing everyday. And the more articles I read in some of my health magazines supports weighing yourself everyday as a means to staying on top of things. With that said, I do realize that our weight flucuates and sometimes we get discouraged and when are discouraged we have a tendancy to say F-it and go on a binge. You just have to find what works for you! It sounds like you are doing great though!
Thanks Amy and Brooke - its good to hear that you two also weigh everyday! I'm up again today, argh!! WHY?? I hardly ate yesterday, and made good choices!! Hmmm......starvation is the key??? lol.
My name is Tiffani and I have a scale addiction. I have tried to step away as often as I can because it was getting me down to see my huge fluctuations. I seem to be capable of losing 3 lbs overnight somehow!! Blech.
my word verification is "pletu" LOL sounds like "plateau" and is all too weight-associated!!
Hi there,
First up, congrats on getting banded. I found you through my friend, Catherine's blog. Life will just keep getting better and better!
I hear you on the scales thing. I now just weight maybe twice a week (but aim for one!!). Those buggers can be our downfall.
Good luck and keep at it. You're doing a fab job.
Cara
Post a Comment