Lola background

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SV!! Payoff!


It finally happened! The scales have headed south!! I think it is due to my perserverance, and watching calories more closely, and most of all, to not stepping on that flippin' scale everyday! I'm 1.8 lbs from the 20 lb mark!! WHOO-HOO!! Tomorrow is the 5 week mark since surgery, and I really wanted to be at 20 lbs (though I tried to tell myself that 10 would be fine). I've been having trouble dealing with the fact that my DH had lost 35 lbs by the one month mark, and I had only lost 12. So what was I doing? Reverting to bad habits, of course. Eating too much, and too often. I know that non-restriction wasn't helping either. So - I am so proud of myself, because once I decided that I wasn't going to step on the scale everyday I also decided that I really needed to give this more of an effort. Its not that I wasn't giving it an effort before, I was just letting emotion get a hold of me. Well, as you can see, it paid off. Thank God!


My first fill is on Friday, and I'm hoping that he will be a bit aggressive with how much he puts in. He put 3 cc in DH the first time, and 3 the second. The nurse told us that he is usually a bit more aggressive with people he knows (DH works for one of his friends), so hopefully this will work for me as well!


Catherine posted something interesting a few days ago, saying that it was a great realization that she wouldn't be gaining this weight back - statistically speaking. She, like so many of us, had always gained the weight back, plus more, after losing. What a great moment for her - and eventually for all of us!


Have a great day everyone.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't wait to hear about your first fill!

So excited for you :-)

I hope your doc is a bit aggressive with the fill, too. It'll give you that little boost of confidence in the band and yourself, I think.

Amy W. said...

That is so awesome for you! Dont compare yourself to mister man bc men lose faster. Probably the universe giving them a handicap in the game of dieting...bc you know men are secretly bigger babies then us!

You rock. Stay focused!

Tiffani said...

Very good!!! You're doing aweomse!! :)

My doc did 3 cc, 3 cc, 2 cc, then .5 cc. Most people told me that was pretty aggressive but I was glad it went that way. :)

THE DASH! said...

Hey there,
Like the blond I am I commented and posted it then realised I had done it on several posts before and you're not likely to see it lol.
Just wanted to let you know regardless of how you think you're going, you're doing great! Congrats on being banded.
I love my band and you will learn to love yours too. :)
I will pop in and out to see how you're progressing.
Cara