Lola background

Sunday, March 21, 2010

On the slow decline again!

Yep, finally on the slow move down again. I've been up a couple pounds for the last month, but I am finally beginning to move back down again. Thank the Big Man upstairs, and to the Hershey squirts that I have suffered for the last two days (see last post)! Sorry if TMI.  Unfortunately, I am supposed to be at a baby shower for my niece in a few, and we all know the goodies that lurk there! In fact, the 'dish' that I was going to bring was my all-time favorite - velveeta mixed with ro-tel diced tomatoes and chilies, a bit of taco mix - nuked into a dip-like consistency and served with chips. I could bathe in that stuff, seriously, and then eat my way out of the tub. I might even have to lick the drain. Nutritional value? HELLLL NOOO! lol.

But I'm realizing that my goal of losing 90 lbs before my one year bandiversary (July 22) is beginning to be a bit of a stretch, and therefore my ability to buy and wear really cute summer clothes is also looking slim (bad pun, I know). I would have to lose another 46 pounds before then. Doable, yes, but with a raging fire under my flabby ass. So I've got to kick it a bit more into gear and get down to business. Its sad, because I am wearing an 18 now - and I am so happy when I realize that, but then again, I still see my goal as soooo farrrrr awayyyyyy! wah wah, I know. What I also hate is being in-between sizes. I was so happy to be able to buy nice, decent jeans from Macys a few months ago, and in an 18! I bought some Tommy Hilfigers, and well as some Calvin Kleins. I vowed at that very moment that I would no longer set foot again into Lane Bryant. They used to have some decent things there, but ever since they were sold from the Victoria Secret ownership, their quality has gone from marginal to poor. I don't want to offend anyone who loves their stuff, but I think we would all admit that we look forward to the day that we don't have to go there anymore because of the larger sizes! So, you can understand when I tried on and then fit into the jeans at Macys! But the Tommy jeans only fit well for a few hours after they have been washed, and the Calvins are a bit tight around the waist, giving me a bit of a muffin top (not bad, but a bit yucky in my opinion). I hate these new jeans that fit great for a few hours and then stretch out, leaving you looking like you have a load in your pants. But then again, if my Calvins had a bit of stretch in them, I would be able to wear them!!! Any good jean suggestions anyone?

Hope you are enjoying the weekend!


3 comments:

Robin said...

Congrats on 44 pounds down! I was banded the same day as you!

Girl Bandit said...

Keep up the excellent work

Catherine55 said...

44 is fantastic!! Don't even worry about going slower than you'd like. . you are giving your skin a chance to catch up, and you will definitely get there eventually!

Thanks for your nice post on my blog. I love it that you like Karen Millen now! For your interim jeans, try Gap jeans -- that's what I lived in before I finally broke down and bought some Lucky Brand jeans!

Happy shopping! :) Thanks again.
Catherine