Lola background

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Viewing but only Thinking of Posting!


Okay, I've been REALLY BAD ABOUT POSTING LATELY!! I've been viewing so many of your blogs, keeping up with them, even adding a few dozen or so! And I've been thinking so much about posting, but every time I had a thought, I just simply didn't have the time, or didn't want to, etc. Then I got on this morning, and decided that it was time to post SOMETHING! Anything! And looked at the date of my last post to see how long it had been. A MONTH! WTF? I had no idea. I'll admit that I am a bit of a fair weather poster, meaning that I tend to post when things are a bit good on the diet end, or, actually, a bit crappy. But I've been holding my own and have been maintaining lately. Not up, not down. Eh - things are okay.
I did get a fill two weeks ago - of 1/2 a ml. That raises me to 10cc in an 11cc band. Yep - that's right folks. The doc said I'd probably have to have at least 9.5, and he was right. 9.5 gave me some decent restriction, but not enough that I couldn't chow down on bread if I wanted too. I could still decently chug liquids as well. Well, I was hoping that this last time he would give me .5, and BOY DID HE!! Let me tell you that anymore than a bite or two of just about anything beyond mushies gets me stuck. Yesterday I was at a coffee house/book store and had to quickly leave because I knew I was about to PB. I did, right in front of my left tire. I couldn't even make it to the inside of my car. Gawd, I was hoping that no one saw me - but at the same time I didn't care, because I felt awful. I PBd on something else last week (forget what it was). Even a normal size sip of liquids, if I drink it down hard and fast, can get stuck for a second.
I'm wondering if I need a bit of an unfill.
But then I tell myself that I need to give it time, that from what I have read from all of your posts, that the restriction can ease up a bit. I tell myself that this is what I have been waiting for - good restriction. Because I have really felt that my weight loss up until this time has been from factors other than my band, such as, well, um, my own motivation! But now that I've finally got restriction - I want to wait to see if I stop to drop some weight due to the restriction!
But then again, DAMN! I'm a bit bummed that I am seriously looking at leaving out of my diet anything but a small bite or two of bready and non-mushie items that I so dearly love.
But damnit all, maybe that is why I got myself into this predicament (being fat) after all!
Opinions? Comments? Sledgehammers? Let me have it!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I would be kind of scared if liquid is even getting kind of stuck.. Be careful. I am at ok restriction think I may need one more fill but i am only tight in the am.. So it must be really tight for your... Take care and keep the posts coming,...

PS if you have not found me already I am at

www.bandsterjourney.blogspot.com