Lola background

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Date!

Woo-Hoo! I got a call from the doc's office, and they told me that they had a cancellation, and would I like to have my surgery 1 month earlier?  Wha??? Heck yeah! So I now have a new date of July 22, just a month from now. I've made the decision yesterday that I am giving up diet coke as soon as the amount that I have now is gone. I'm also going to start on the treadmill tomorrow. DH has lost 22 lbs now, and I need to make sure that he doesn't get smaller than me! lol. He has been so great at working out already, getting on the treadmill everyday since his surgery. He is doing great! Already looking smaller. Good for him! I'm excited to have the surgery earlier, so I can start dropping these lbs!

On another note, I think I have the most precious little girl in the world. She is such a gift, and I am truly astounded by her everyday. Tonight, after her bottle, she wanted me to read a book to her. She fell asleep just as I reached the last page. I just sat there rocking her, looking at her long lashes and pink cheeks and lips, listening to her breathe, and feeling her body move as she took each breath. Her little fingers were rapped around one of mine, and holding her was just pure heaven. God knows I am not a religious person in terms of following a particular religion per se, but I do believe that our creator has blessed me with this incredibly special little girl. Even though she is now over a year old, I still can not believe that I am a mom, and that she is mine. She is so beautiful, so sweet, adorable, hilarious, and so intoxicating to watch, and I will thank the heavens for her every day for the rest of my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos for your husband working on his weight loss, too! How old is your daughter? My son is just over 7 months old and I love him to pieces!

Anonymous said...

Now I have to be inquisitive! Where are you having surgery? I used to work with the Bariatric group that does surgery at Spectrum. I had mine through the Barix Clinics. I'm only 30 minutes from you! We should get together sometime.

momma2fi said...

Hi Aimee!
I live in Grand Rapids, and am having the surgery at the Barix Clinics in Ypsilanti. But the closer office, that I will use for fills, is in Holland. Dr. Schram is my doctor. I would love to get together! Do you have the same doc?? How cool if so! Hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I had Dr. Schram who was recommended by my aunt who had the RNY 4 years ago. I love his office staff and he is the best surgeon in Michigan.

momma2fi said...

Hi Aimee!
I would love to take you up on your offer to get together! Tonight, I am just 23 days from surgery and I am freaking out about the possibility of dying of complications. I know it is such a small percentage of this happening, but I just read a couple blogs, and now I'm scared!