Lola background

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Procrastination - my friend or foe?

So my DH and I bought a treadmill and home gym (weight set thingy) a couple weeks ago, just before his surgery. I was really excited to get it, knowing that having a treadmill is my preferred exercise. He preferred the home gym. Since we've had it, he has been on the treadmill everyday! He can't do weights yet - probably not for another 4 1/2 weeks. How many times have I been on the treadmill, you ask? Ummm... let's see... there was.... umm..... zero. zero zero zero. WHY IN THE WORLD HAVEN'T I BEEN ON THAT TREADMILL YET??? I mean, its really cool! Its nearly the top of its line (True line), and DH and I can program out our personal workouts, and we set up our semi-done downstairs room to make it the 'workout' room, and DH had put in our fancy Tivoli stereo and even connected it to our computer so we can play our Itunes on it. I mean, I could have maybe a couple lbs off by now! 

The answer is probably the same reason that I haven't used my new sewing machine yet (though I AM going to use it tonight), FEAR!! I know that once I get started, that it will mean that I need to take my diet and exercise seriously, and that there will be no turning back. Goodbye to the huge ice cream bowls, goodbye to Tortilla chips, goodbye to crap food that has been a part of my life for a long time. Don't get me wrong, though. I eat SO much healthier than I used to since DH came into my life. But the thought of radically changing things is scary!!! Maybe I'm subconsciously waiting until the surgery, when I will have NO choice concerning my diet. Maybe I'll be more motivated then. I'm motivated now, and very much looking forward to the changes in my physical appearance, but that fear is powerful right now. 

LOL - I just thought of something I can relate it to, but on a smaller scale. It's like having a lip wax! You know, after the wax and the strip have been put on, that you will be happy with the outcome, but while you (or your waxer) are holding on to the strip, getting ready to pull, all you can think about is the pain that you are going to experience!!! Sometimes I hold on to that strip for what seems like minutes! However, sometimes I force myself not to think about it, and just rip that sucker off immediately. Maybe I need to do that. Get on that treadmill and do it. I'll probably feel great afterwards, and be more motivated. But I'm holding on to the strip, and feeling the pain before it even happens! LMAO! Maybe I should just consider remaining fat for the rest of my life??? Ummm............ no. Not an option. So, by the next time I post, I will have been on that machine, and will be able to talk about it. JUST RIP OFF THE STRIP NOW!

No comments: