Lola background
Monday, June 13, 2016
Hope Renewed
Here I go again! Going under the knife for the second time was something I couldn't conceive of back in 2009 when I first got the lapband. But tomorrow, June 14, I am going back under the knife and will be getting an RNY gastric bypass. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, and am hoping that it will give me a new beginning after I failed the lap band. I'm nervous, apprehensive, excited, and scared. I don't let myself entertain thoughts of success much, because I consider myself such a failure of the last surgery. But I remember thinking that the rny is what I should go with for my first surgery, but my husband was fearful and really wanted to go with the less invasive lapband. However, with my failure, and with the universal failure of the lapband all around the world, I realize that my thoughts of having the rny were correct. Now, seven years later, I am making the correction. I am excited for the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey lady, I am in the same boat. I am back under the knife for revision to bypass too in early August. I wanted RNY first too but was scared about the no going back, and thought stupidly that the band would be less invasive. Yeah right! So I am with you all the way. I would love to hear an update a month out? What are your thoughts? how much you lost now?? I bet its quite a bit already.
xx Hugs Bunny xx
Hi Bunny!
It is always nice to hear that we are not alone. It is July 15, and I have now lost just over 22 pounds. 22 POUNDS! Wow. wow. wow. I am in a place where I think I am dreaming one minute, not quite believing that I am losing nearly a half pound a day, but I also am in a place where I am missing food. I don't miss it excessively, and I'm NEVER hungry, but I just want more than just mush in my mouth. I also didn't recover as quickly as I would have liked. I had problems with being very weak, and just when I thought I was about to turn a corner with my health and start feeling better, I contracted this common but horrific cold that is going around this summer. Three days in bed. No lie. Today is the second day where I have started to feel like myself again. Worth it? Of course! I am already noticing a change in my face, ankles and wrists, and in the way my clothing fits. Your turn will come soon - and I'm excited for you! Thanks much for commenting.
Post a Comment