Lola background

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

36! That's right, Honey!!

Yepper - I've now lost 36 pounds! I would have been at 37 lbs if I had blogged a couple days ago before I ate a bit too much. Oh well, C'est la Vie! But I'm happy nonetheless! 
I've had a recent NSV, actually a couple of them. First of all, I am currently wearing my NEW SIZE 16 JEANS!!!  Can I hear a Woo-Hoo??!! I haven't worn a size 16 for over 10 years. 10. Wow. They are Ralph Lauren, and they have a nice fit and a bit of stretch. Thank God for the stretch, because I've got a bit of muffin top, lol! But hey, I've got them zipped, and can breathe, and I can sit down in the comfortably! Bonus. Another NSV is that I went to a great restaurant last night with the hub, and we had a fantastic meal. I was thinking of ordering the Cauliflower soup, the Potato pierogies, no dessert, and stick with water. DH said "Why not a bit of wine?" So, I thought about the calorie content (I like white wine, and sweet, go figure it is high in calories). I figured that if I had the soup, didn't eat all the pierogies, and then had a half glass of wine, I would still be within my calorie count for the day. The real question was: COULD I ACTUALLY NOT EAT ALL THE PIEROGIES AND NOT DRINK ALL THE WINE?????? The answer was a surprising YES!!! I know that this doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is one more indicator to me that I have changed my mindset, that I have become my own best friend, and that I am keeping my eye on the prize. Can I get another WOO HOO???? In three pounds I will be the lowest since my surgery, and from that point on, I will be less than half way to goal. Damn, I am just so proud of myself, and so excited!

Hope everyone has a great day!


1 comment:

jenfromtheburgh said...

Keep up the great work!!!