I am so proud of myself, but have to remind myself that when my head starts to swell, I tend to lose ground. I have to remind myself, despite all the kudos from family and friends, that I still have a long way to go. I want to lose another 50 lbs. It may be too much on my body, and I'll certainly need surgery, but I'll make those decisions then. For now, I need to focus on smaller goals.
I've had some great NSVs lately: like friends and family noticing the loss, like people 'not recognizing me' because of the weight loss, fitting into my 16s again, seeing my collarbones without trying to 'push them out' (!), noticing the abdominal line of my body from the side, losing some of my back fat, losing my double chin, needing smaller jeans, bras, and the like. How fun is that! But like I said, I have to keep my eye on the larger prize and not let my head swell.
On another note, I had a little of a xmas feeling last night, because my husband brought a few goodies home for me! He works for a very wealthy family here in town, and every now and then, they invite their family and those who work in the house to peruse things that they no longer want. BONUS!!! Here is a pic of those things that I received that are gently used:
Here are the goodies: Gucci purse, Gucci shoes, Bottega Veneta purse, Burberry hat, Prada wallet, Kate Spade clutch, Hasbeen shoes (from Sweden), and Tory Burch flats. WOO-HOO! The lady of the family wears the same size shoes that I do, though her feet are narrower. These fit just a bit tight, so I'm hoping that with more weight loss, they will become looser. We'll see! Ahhhh.... the perks of working for millionaires....
So the last thing I want to leave you with is my dream outfit of the day - one that I hope to be able to fit into one day - and look good in! This is a Karen Millen dress. It is in the 50% off section online. Isn't it a beaut!
Can't wait to change this number soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment