Lola background

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Still Dropping!

 


Jumped on the scales this morning after not doing so for the last couple days. You know how you are just feeling thinner, so you know that it will be a good thing when you step on the scales? Well, I didn't feel that way this morning, but I did it anyway. While I am stepping on the scales (think slow motion), I was thinking to myself that even if I didn't lose weight, and even if I gained, at least I would know and to take it up a notch or so.

Well, lo and behold, I lost another pound. It is so interesting to me that I can lose a few pounds in a week or so, but last month I did the exact same thing I am doing now, and the scale didn't budge even the least little bit, for three weeks!! What gives?? I wonder why that is. It drives me (and all of us) crazy when that happens!

Tonight, while I was taking off my make-up and sitting at my vanity, I began to notice how different my face looks without those 23 pounds. I like the way my face looks! I even thought I looked pretty! No make-up and all! My bone structure is beginning to show, and my collarbones are beginning to make an appearance again. Earlier today, I thought about how cool it would have been if I had kept all the weight off, and added this 23 pounds to that loss. Well, I can't beat myself up about it, and I'm not going to live in the past. So, onward and upward. I am on my way.

[But there is also a part of me that wishes I would have gotten to my goal weight when I was much younger, in my twenties, or even not letting myself getting this big. How would my life had been different? Would my confidence level have been better? What about the dating scene? Would I have met  the Mr. Right of my twenties? Would I have had several children? Would I have been dealing with infertility issues anyway? Would I have been gorgeous? And if I had been a lower, more acceptable weight, how would my life in general be different than it is today? These are questions that do not have answers. Instead - for those of you who are still in your twenties, please give yourself the gift of removing the burden of extra weight now. You don't want to ask these questions when you are in your forties, having always dealt with weight issues. Lose it now]

3 comments:

FK said...

Well done onward and upward xx

jenfromtheburgh said...

Keep up the great work!

momma2fi said...

Thanks FK and Jen! I'll take it as an order! Hope you both are doing well also!