Well, apparently all I had to get out of my plateau was to blog about it. I'm down two pounds. Yippee!! Goodbye to the 240s. Now the next goal is the 230s. I'm only 18 pounds away from the lowest I weighed after surgery. Another bonus. Yet, I can't help but be disappointed by the fact that I have to re-lose this weight. Bugger. Double bugger (said with an English accent). I also think that if I had stayed that weight, maintained it, and then added my recent 20 pound loss, I would be 20 pounds from my goal. Only twenty pounds. Instead I am looking at 58 more pounds to lose. Bugger again.
But for some reason, thank God, I am still on track and am still determined. Fuck fat (said with a NYC accent)! Fuck ever being big again, and fuck feeling like a big-breasted Jabba the Hut. I'm sooooo over it. I am a statuesque, beautiful, size 8, slightly large-breasted woman who just happens to be caught in this mound of flesh. Now I just have to make the outside match the image inside, and not get down about it not happening overnight. I've got to stay the course, and continue to do things different than I did every other time I lost weight and then gained it back.
I read a WW article the other day that suggested that we should say "I don't eat (fill in black here) rather than saying "I can't eat " because if we know that we simply can't go back to eating certain things because it will mean certain failure, that we simply adopt the idea that we don't eat that anymore. The article says that using the phrase "I can't eat that" somehow makes us feel that we are denying ourselves. I agree with that, and so I am going to play this little head game with myself, and try to adopt this approach. It's not that I can't, I just don't. I know myself too well. This is also the case with bringing food into the house that I know I will eat - all of it. That includes ice cream, treats, chips, etc. They simply aren't going to come into my house anymore, and if they are for my dh or dd, then they will be in a flavor that I don't like. Period.
So, as I've mentioned in a couple recent posts...I am not going to do things the same way I always have, because I know that the results will always be what I have always received. I'm doing things different, because I want a different result. Period (said in an determined Michigander accent).
No comments:
Post a Comment