Lola background

Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting Real, Again.

I haven't blogged in months. I haven't kept up on others. I think it is because I became bored, and complacent. And I hold it to be an indicator of truth. The truth is that I wasn't interested in keeping weightloss as a major priority. It was a priority, but not on the forefront. Last semester was hell in terms of keeping up with my students, grading, testing, and the like. Then the holidays hit, and I took it upon myself to eat anything and everything I wanted. In four months time, I have gained 5 lbs. That's all? That's all! But that's enough. I need new clothes, but I have a few nice pieces that are just out of my size right now - a bit too tight to wear professionally. I'm wearing jeans that look bad because they hand off my arse and make me look bigger than what I am - but I don't want to spend the money to get the right size right now because I know I will get smaller. But I'm not getting smaller. That would require me to get my arse in gear again. I went into Eddie Bauer and bought a few killer tops on sale yesterday, JJill also - but nothing worth buying there, and then Ann Taylor on a whim. Bought two tops NOT on sale to the tune of 128 bucks. So much for not spending money on clothes right now!! At first I was bummed, because I know that I have another 50 lbs that I would like to lose. But then I walked away from the mall remembering that I have lost enough to go in to a regular clothing store and buy clothes! Motivation?? You bet. Enough to get me started again? We'll see.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Embrace the band! Work with it not against it. Weigh yourself daily it does help prevent 1 pound from turning into 5! Find time to walk, Run skip anything at all but move it! You can and have worked with the band. Blueberries are ok but the muffin not too good. We all get tired of the same old..Make it interesting for yourself there are lots of ways to enjoy legal food. But you know that look at what you have done so far! Congrats..Now get back to work! Kathy (Catherine's mom , "Chronicals from Band Land"

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

I can completely relate to your situation. And I've not read your blog before but look forward to reading through it. I'm trying to remotivate myself as well. I read something recently that I keep going back to and that's the notion that its not going to take motivation to get you going again. Motivation is a feeling - and feelings come and go. I wasn't feeling motivated - which was why I wasn't watching calories, working out, you know all the things already it will take to start losing again. Making this happen is going to take just doing the things I need to do when I don't feel like doing it. At least this is whats making me get on the treadmill and traking my calories when I really don't feel like it. Sorry so long a comment - I just understand where you are b/c I'm there too!

Catherine55 said...

Ha ha -- just noticed that the first post is from my mom! What she said is absolutely right. . . weighing myself every day has been a huge help in keeping me accountable.

Just the fact that you took time to blog again shows that you're gearing up to get on track again. Don't buy too many more new clothes. . I have a feeling you won't need them for all that long.