Lola background
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Eggy - My band no likey!
So after a good day two days ago - of meeting my protein requirements and not exceeding my calorie requirements, yesterday I blew it. Oh well, one day on, one day off! I'm back at staying on track today - and my hubby made a wonderful meal tonight that is band friendly for both of us - and good for our DD as well! Stir fried veggies and tofu with garlic and ginger - wrapped in a crepe-like, very thin egg. Sounds great, right? I thought so too! Very tasty. But then I started belching (a VERY common thing with me since being banded - I hate it, not very lady-like!), and so I decided to not finish my modest portion. I stood up - took my plate to the trash to scrape it, put the scraped plate in the sink, and then, yes, my mouth started to water - or should I say I had a tidal wave of spit in my mouth!! EWWWWW!!! And if you have ever experienced this, you know what is coming next!!! Yep - raced to the bathroom and PBd. All of my din-din. Gah-rosse!!!! I've had this happen often when I eat egg - but now it seems nearly every time I eat egg since my last fill (10.5 cc in an 11cc Realize band). Do any of you have this problem with egg? Sadly, I now add this to the slowly increasing list of foods I can't have anymore. Bread is making a rare appearance, and I was bummed about it, because I love bread. But I've gotten over it. Eggs, though - is going to be a bit tough for me. I am not the biggest egg fan, not at all. However, I am a vegetarian, and eggs are an important protein source for me. So what to do?? After PBing about 20 minutes ago, I resigned myself to only liquids for the rest of the evening, and I took a shot of my Pro-fuse liquid (berry flavored liquid protein - 20 grams to a small shot glass). Strangely, I am a bit excited - because maybe this fill IS going to be my sweet spot - finally getting restriction and limiting my food choices and even more, my portion sizes. Hmmm.....
Wanna Weigh In?? Pun Intended!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I havent Pb'd yet or had the nasty spit come up.... i have only been banded for 2 months but im nervous for when it does and im doubting ill be that one person who never throws up.
Sucks about the egg thing, i dont eat much meats so egg is my saviour... heres hoping it might have just been an off day and you can have scrambled eggs in the future!
I would try the eggs again. Some days I have difficulty with eggs and some days not. Try again!
Eggs are one of the things that I miss the most. They are so good for you too!! Right now I can tolerate egg since I am unfilled, but I didn't eat them for 2 years after I had my surgery.
Boy that sucks not being able to eat eggs - I love them and have a few a week. I hope this one resolves - not being able to eat them permanently would be awful!
Eggs are ok for me right now. I just make sure to chew really well. I would be pretty sad if I had to give them up, though! I'd much rather have an omelet for breakfast than almost anything. :)
Post a Comment