Lola background
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Buh-bye Vegas!
Well, Vegas was a blast. We went with another couple for our 5 year anniversary, and every minute was truly fun! We gambled, won and lost. We spent $ on good food, drink, and silly and fun stuff we don't need. We went to see Zoomanity - which was one of the highlights of our trip. Very sexy, very cool!! Spent about 145 bucks just in shirts, magnets, and the program! ugh. But so worth it - because it was such a great show, and the souvenirs will give us good memories! Big Daddy Night - which I think I mentioned in another post - was a complete success!!! We were so afraid that the guys wouldn't like it! We were so wrong. Basically, my girl friend and I decided we would play a joke on our husbands while we were there. We decided a while ago that we would dress in costume one night. For a couple of months before the trip, we shopped around, tried on shoes, looked for wigs, clothes, make-up, and false eyelashes. I went as a Betty Page character (sexy pin-up girl from the 50s), and she dressed up as a naughty catholic school girl. OMG - the guys loved it - and we got so much attention! I think it was because people couldn't decide if we were for real or not. What Happens In Vegas.......! No - I'm NOT posting pics because I love my job, and God knows that anything put up on the internet can come back to haunt you! Plus, because I'm still overweight, I'm a bit concerned that I looked more like an overweight drag queen rather than a sexy pin-up girl. LOL!!!
Miss Betty Page Probably what I really looked like
Oh, and did I mention that my husband surprised me with a new ring?? Its a larger diamond - not distastefully huge - but bigger than my original 1/4 carat that he used to propose to me 5 years ago. It was a small diamond, but it was a very good quality diamond and it was all he could afford at the time. We were both working for peanuts - me as a teaching assistant, and he as a line cook. It was all we could do to pay our 1500 dollar monthly rent on our 450 sq ft apartment in NYC. BTW - our mortgage on our house is less than that! But no, we don't live in NYC anymore. So we have basically increased our income several times over now, so he felt it was time. Who am I to argue! Okay, and to risk sounding like a spoiled brat - both rings, old and new, were bought at Tiffanys. Not that I am a Tiffanys addict, and I know that they do exist, but my favorite movie is Breakfast at Tiffanys, and he bought my original diamond at the same store on Fifth Avenue in NYC where the movie was filmed. It was very touching to me that he did that. This time, the store was in Las Vegas - but again, I'm not going to argue!!
Anywho - we had a great time, and despite not really limiting my food choices, and having loads of liquid calories - I didn't gain any weight! I got a fill just before we left - and it has left me nearly unable to have breakfast, because I am so tight in the morning. I really don't think that this is a bad thing, though! I'm getting used to it - and need to stop fighting the limits that the band gives me and start letting the band work for me - as well as learn to work the band more.
My new goal is to get all the extra weight off before xmas - and another goal is to stop moving back my goals!!
Hope y'all are happy and well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Love the pics! LOL!
Please post a pic of the new ring! Congrats!
Post a Comment