Lola background

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh my aching butt!

So I had a fantastic time Roller Skating last Sunday! We rented speed skates, the same kind that I used to wear like 20 years ago! Everyone there was sooo nice, and very welcoming, and wanted to know if we would be back next week. We are planning on going all summer! Except one caveat - I talked so big about how I used to be a speed skater, and I thought I would get back onto speed skates and begin again where I left off - WRONG!! I feel on my arse TWICE!! But by the end of the night (well, a whole 2 hours), my cheeks hurt because I was smiling the entire time! Did I mention that I had so much fun??? I can't remember having that much fun with just a couple girlfriends. My butt and the back of my thighs are still sore!

Update on the piercing front - I still have my nose piercing - but my friend took some flack from her husband about her tongue being pierced. He didn't like it AT ALL! And he was worried about professional issues. So she took it out. It lasted a few days at least, and she says she is glad she did it because now she has it out of her system. But concerning my nose piercing - did you know that they now make quartz studs?? They are completely clear - no metal in them all all - and so if I am in a situation where I think it best not to show the ring, I can take it out and put in the crystal one and no one will even know that I have it pierced! Interesting! 

On the WL front, I'm excited about getting more active this summer. Roller skating was a bit of a work out, and fun! Our attempts to go roller blading has been thwarted because of the bad storms that we have been having here in the mid west. I'm getting back on track in terms of calories and servings too. I still want to aim for 20lbs more before my bandiversary.

Gotta go - my lil one is wanting a sandwich. Take care everyone!

5 comments:

LDswims said...

I bet roller skating would be a blast! That's awesome.

Can you post a pic of a quartz stud? Do you have one?

You can totally do 20 lbs!

Girl Bandit said...

Sounds like fun and a great way to get fit

karen said...

yikes - I can't imagine going through all the pain of tongue piercing for only a couple of days.

momma2fi said...

Hi LD, I'll put an image a pic in my new post. Karen - I agree!. Thanks ladies for supporting this mid-life girl's attempts at roller skating! lol

Donut Diva said...

I went roller skating a few weeks ago too, something I would never have done before the surgery. I found my thighs were getting a huge workout, maybe from having to keep myself upright.
Good work on fitting in exercising. I am still working on it, and it is a mind game every day.

Follow my lapband journey at:
bandedup.blogspot.com