Lola background

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dear Food Diary...

Okay my fellow bloggers - I've decided that I will use the blog as an occasional food diary to help get myself motivated and keep on track. So here is the count so far for today: 1/2 a scrambled egg (77 calories, 6 grams protein) canola oil (30 calories approx), smashed potato with a bit of skim milk and a bit of oil (160 cals approx), 2 iced coffee with hazelnut creamer (about 100 cals of creamer - totally worth it!) and I'm about to have lunch - greek yogurt with honey (fage brand - you HAVE to try it - it is SUCH a treat!! 250 cals with 8 grams protein). Total for the day: 617 cals, and 14 grams protein. That means that I have 583 calories that I can spend on dinner tonight - which is tough because Hub and I are going out to a birthday party. Soup or salad for me!!!

I sometimes think that I can be one of those people who don't count calories. And sometimes it works. But when I get off track, it is the best way I know of to remind myself exactly HOW much I am eating! And being vegetarian, it is also a reminder about how protein is so important. I really want to lose that 20 lbs before my 1 year bandiversary (July 22). I have to admit that I thought I would be much lower than I am at this point in the game, and I have no one to blame but moi. It is wonderful reading all of your blogs and hearing about your successes (and temporary falls from grace), but it is also tough to read about those of you who had surgery around my date or after who have lost more, and in some cases, much more than me! Can I say JEALOUSY????  I'm on the cusp of being able to buy clothes in regular size stores (18 and lower), though some of those 18s feel more like a 14! Can't we universalize sizes people??? And I'd really like to buy something fantastic while in Vegas. All I can think about is that great dress, still on the hanger, that Demi Moore hung around her neck in the movie Indecent Proposal. Gawd to have a bod like that! Not that I need to have a dress like that (or the price tag), but a nice top would be great! We'll see. I'm hopeful.

Hope everyone has a good weekend - I'm going to enjoy my yogurt now!

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Greek yogurt = yum. And I loved that expression.. not mashed potatoes but 'smashed' potatoes, lol. However you think you're doing, I better its better than you realise. Keep plugging towards your goal.. you WILL get there.

Donut Diva said...

I am with you on the sizes. I just want to get some shopping done in a regular store. I am still in 18's also, down from 22's.

Nicole said...

Love greek yogurt!! Have you tried chobani?? have that greek yogurt every day for breakfast the calories are around 140-160 with 15G protein

Girl Bandit said...

Great idea....expecially for the protein