So I have recently survived a woman's worst nightmare!! Well, one of them anyway. DH (dear hubby), as you may know, had lap band surgery one month before I did. He has lost 60 lbs to date, and me - 32. Now he has always been larger than I have, and I started to get a bit nervous when he started to get close to my size. He laughed and said - "Don't worry, honey!"
Well, he did laundry the other day, and decided to put on his new black jeans. When he was telling me this story, he was saying how the jeans fit him pretty well, and was feeling pretty good about himself. I said "Good honey - you should! You've worked hard to lose this weight!". Well, he then said that when he had the jeans on, he started to think that though they fit well, they fit a bit different than what he thought. The legs were a bit wider at the bottom than he remembered. I looked at him oddly - wondering why. He then said: "Honey, do you know why they felt weird???.....................
"BECAUSE THEY WERE YOUR JEANS!!!"
My eyes crossed and glazed over. My balance was lost. My brain went all topsy-turvy. I thought I was going to faint in disbelief. I was near total system failure. Surely my ears were deceiving me. What did I just hear? Could this be correct? Was I dreaming? I could swear that my husband just said that he could fit into my jeans, and that they fit well.
Then I let out a scream that was audible for a full, ten-mile radius (well, not really, but it was a primal, silent scream in my head!). AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH, THE HUMANITY!
Yes ladies, I have survived this, the shame, the embarassment, and my husband's well meant, but oh-so-devastating news. Granted, these are jeans that don't fit well anymore, because they ARE loose, but I CAN still wear them. OMG!!!!!!
Can I recover? Shall life ever be the same? That is yet to be determined. Will I EVER wear those jeans again??? HELLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! LMAOROTFLMAO!!!!!
I am now taking my humiliated body to bed and dream of burning my black jeans. Good night everyone.

9 comments:
OMG!! That is hysterical!! I am bigger than my DH, but that story was so funny!
Oh you poor saus.. and yet lol, what a story.
If it makes you feel any better, my MOTH up until the time I was banded was able to wear mine too... at least around the waist and butt - no hope on the legs because his are wayyyyyyyy longer than mine. (Theres a good look - sticky legs out the bottom of too short jeans.. haha)
There will come a day when you will fit into HIS jeans.. then that will be a celebration!!
Too funny. You'll catch up to him though...then leave him in the dust (along with the back jeans).
A very funny story.....Not for much longer....this is a once off event...and I am sure one he won't repeat to any of his mates....you will be smaller than hubby soon enough...
Ha! So funny. I can't wait for the day I can fit into MY husbands jeans!! Hes so much smaller than me.
It could have been worse I guess... it could have been a skirt!
Love this! Hilarious.
At one point I weighed more than my husband and felt so ashamed - he is 6' 1" and not a skinny guy! Now I am about 20 lbs lighter than him, what a relief! But I'm pretty sure my thighs are about as big as his, so he could probably get in my pants (so to speak ;)....
Awww that sucks! And I'd say you could share clothes but I'm guessing his taste isn't as good as yours ;-)
If it's any consolation I have always been about 75-100 lbs heavier than my DH.
To make matters even weirder, he is super athletic and is a long distance runner. I am not kidding! How weird is that to be a super athelete who is married to someone who's lowest adult weight until recently was 253 lbs?
So I have never weighed less than him.
But, when I do, it will totally be a huge milestone for me.
Now tell your DH to stop raiding your closest! LOL.
LMAO!! That is too funny (in a not so funny way)!
You are too funny. I have ALWAYS been bigger than my husband. I have had to hear all sorts of comments from my nieces and nephews like, "Aren't ladies supposed to be smaller than men?".
My goal is too FIT INTO MY HUSBAND'S pants! That will be a happy day. :)
Don't worry, one day you will be wearing a seriously sexy pair of jeans and your husband won't be able to get anywhere near them.
Post a Comment