Lola background

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mamma mia!!


So I've lost 27 pounds!! I'm nearly 1/3 to the amount that I would like to lose.     Oh     my     gosh.  Now, I have to say that I have always been a yo-yo dieter. It isn't any big deal for me to lose 60 lbs. However, it is a big deal this time, because this time I am NOT going to gain it back!! The odds are against that if you have a band. How awesome is that?? Granted, I still want to lose another 65-70 pounds, and I don't know how long it will take me to get there, but I am on my way!! 1/3 of the batter ( mean matter - what a freudian slip! lol) is gone!  fantastic. In just 4 pounds, I will be in the next set of numbers (can't say it yet - don't want to jinx it), which I haven't seen for about 6 years! That is exciting! Another motivator I use to keep myself going, is to visualize walking into a wonderful boutique, and being able to wear (and buy!!) anything I want. DH and I just decided that we will go back to NYC for the weekend of our 5th anniversary, in the middle of June. We thought this would be a perfect time, because it would be right around a year after the surgery for both of us. What a celebration! Even cooler, is to go into a boutique and fulfill my dream, one that I wasn't able to do the entire time that I lived in NYC for three years. Needless to say, I'm going to start saving money now!!! I'm going to bed with dreams of shopping for smaller sizes!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Here's to you, those you love, and more pounds to go! I hope all of our scales follow your lead and drop a few!

Sorry about the lack of butt-kicking on my part... I'm a much better cheerer!

THE DASH! said...

How amazing are you?? Almost a third of the way there already! Seems like yest. you were banded.
A HUGE congrats!! Really, it's just fantastic.

Gen said...

Soooo awesome, a third of the way there! Can't wait to see what you buy in NYC!

Brooke said...

It's so awesome to put that out there and remember that: YOU LOST 27 lbs. PERIOD.

I often lose sight of the forest for the trees. But that 27 lbs is yours and it is gone forever.