Yayayayayayayay!! I have finally made it to my first goal - of returning to the weight that I originally dropped to after my lapband surgery. FINALLY!!! I am now weighing in at 219.2!! I am finally there, I can't believe it! From this point on, I can get rid of the other numbers (of losing 37 lbs to get back to this goal), and start adding on to my original numbers! That means that the next time I post, I will have a number greater than 52. Wow. I've lost 52 pounds in total. It's taken me some time, but I did it. NOW, I can't rest on my laurels, because I'm no where near at a stopping point. No where near. I need to lose another 39 lbs to reach my final goal. And then I'll re-evaluate and start considering surgery.
My next major goal is ONEDERLAND!!! I am only 20 lbs away. ONLY TWENTY POUNDS AWAY! I can't tell you the last time I was below 200. Well, that's not true. It was in 2000, I believe. That was the last time I lost major weight. Even then I didn't get down to a weight that I felt was ideal. However, now I would kill to be at that weight again!
I've also had some recent NSVs. I am comfortably wearing a pair of size 16 jeans! Even though, to be honest, I have another size 16 pair that I just bought that are still a bit too tight. I remember trying on a size 18 two years ago, after surgery, and literally crying in the changing room because I was so overjoyed that I was finally in the 'teens' again. Now I've surpassed that! Wowsers. Another NSV is that a friend of mine had one of those CAbi clothing home shows, and I fit into several of the MEDIUM TOPS!!! Granted, I know I needed the large, and they were a bit oversized, but DAMN! And get this: I squeezed my ass into a size 12 legging! Yep, it had the spandex of all spandex, but a size 12! I even got it buttoned and zipped! But in all honesty, it did look like I had two pairs of boobs. LOL!! It is just the idea that I was able to do that, which makes it so exciting. Maybe I'll be a size 12 again! That is a goal. A MAJOR GOAL! I was wearing size 12 in high school, so that goal seems so unreal to me - but I'm going to do it! Another NSV is that I ordered a pair of Miss Me jeans! I've wanted a pair for so long, but every time I've tried to by a size 18, they are out of stock, even online! So I got online, and found one lonely pair that I liked in a size 16, and I ordered it. WOW!!! Hip jeans!! Now honestly, I do have Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, and Lauren jeans, but they are all the big girl jeans. With the Miss Me jeans, I think I will feel so hip! If you haven't seen them before, please google. They are super cute, and sparkly on the pockets. A bit much for some, but a few of them are sooooo cute!! Hopefully I will get them by the end of the week. Maybe then I'll post a pic of me in them.
Last night I was thinking that I've been so shy to share any pics of myself, because I'm afraid that I'll be 'discovered' by people I work with. Though I'm not a private person, there are some things that I share here that I don't exactly shout at the top of my desk, or shout to others. IE: My actual weight! UGH!! But I was thinking that I might start doing that. We'll see. Any thoughts on that?
So congratulations to me. I'm back on track, and have recovered gracefully. I'm now on my weigh (hee hee) to my final goal. BRING IT ON!!!
Above is my dream outfit of the day. I want it! Kate Spade is the designer, and it can be found at Nordstroms. Here is the link: Kate Spade Freyda Dress. I was in kind of a maxi-dress mood today, but I saw this and thought it was just adorable. I think it is interesting that I am beginning to choose brighter colors and bolder prints to wear, which is certainly reflecting my increasing confidence. Ironically, it comes in an XL, so chances are I could wear it now. But not without a lot of hiding of rolls and three pairs of spanx! Ugh. Hope you are all keeping up the motivation during the holiday season! Take care!


No comments:
Post a Comment