Lola background

Friday, July 27, 2012

Feeling Thin: A Cruel Trick of Nature?

How I feel vs. How I look

So I've been going strong on this new eating regimen of mine (no, not a diet) since July 2nd. I feel good, I've lost 10 pounds, and I am ahead of my anticipated goal. Wa-Hoo! However, don't you think that it is a cruel trick of nature that as you begin to lose weight, and on a day when your stomach is empty and you are beginning to show signs of losing weight, that when you suck in your stomach, you feel thin? When you look at your ankles and wrists and they seem smaller? Then you look in the mirror and realize: WTF were you thinking, dumbass?? LOL!! That is what I experienced today. Yep. Hate it. HATE IT! Not that I'm not proud, and not that I am going to ditch my plans and all my hard work simply because I didn't go from a size 20 to a size 10 in three weeks. Not going to happen. But I do think it is a bit cruel that your body feels so much smaller, but looks - well - not so much. Maybe it is our body fairy's way of giving us some motivation? To make us hang on and try to attain that goal? BTW, I just made that up, the idea of the body fairy. hilarious. I think I will roll with this idea. Maybe I'll even give her a name. Maybe I'll call on her when I am about to stick a pie in my face. Name suggestions? 

These are my thoughts of the day. Random, I know, but there they are. Yep! But hey, I am one less day to the day that I WILL be able to fit into that smaller size, whatever it may become.

No comments: