Lola background

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A whole lot of nuthin


So this is it. Really. I have been wanting to blog for a while now, but have been at loss for words. Then I began feeling guilty. I started this blog, and I should contribute to it regularly. However, I'm STILL stuck at 20 lbs, and am frustrated!! I thought that I've been doing fine, but I clearly must not be, because that damn little number on the scale will not change. Except for going up. Gag. So, I have been pissed, and have felt that I have nothing to say. Sorry. 

But I've hunkered down even further, and have begun to count calories to the exact minutia. I haven't been lately, but have kept a loose running tally every day. If you have counted calories as much as I have in my life, you have the ability to know the calorie count for almost any food, any portion. So I have gone back to the basics, back to the 'rules'. My clothes are fitting looser, which is great. But DAMNIT!!! I want that number to go down!! So pathetic.

Today I fell in love with my Organic Vegetarian Spicy Chili again. 20 grams of protein, and 480 calories. 600 calories with a 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese on top. YUM YUM! But I have to admit, I wanted to have more. When will that emotional, bottomless pit ever fill up??? Maybe when I don't fill my size 22s anymore! lol. Gotta stay in sight of my goal - one less day until I reach it. Stay strong!

5 comments:

Tiffani said...

I get it babe... I'm STILL stuck at 30. I have been stuck right around this number for months now. I just have to keep faith that it will happen for me and keep truckin' along. Keep doing the right things and the weight WILL come off. ((HUGS)) I'm glad you posted.

momma2fi said...

Thanks Tiffani. I'm sorry to hear that you are on a stall too. UGH! I feel a cheat coming on.... OHHHH NOOOOOO!!!!!

Amy said...

That's awesome that your clothes are fitting looser!! It will happen. I'm not going to say "just be patient" because I want to hit people when they say that to me. Instead, what I'm going to say is that maybe you need to step up the exercise. The reason I say it is because I need to. I finally saw the scale move today after a few weeks. I really believe it's because I've been doing more walking.

Why are we so infatuated with the damn scale? It's so irritating to me that I want to weigh every day (I don't, but want to). Keep focusing on those looser clothes!!

Brooke said...

Everything Amy said!

My stall has lasted about 2 weeks now. I'm not crawling up the walls po'd or anything but a childish part of me thinks "But I'm doing what they told me to do so MOVE SCALE MOVE!!!"

Then again, I do sometimes have a wee more than a cup of food at a meal, and lots of days I make it 1200 calories and my walking schedule has been erratic, so maybe I could step it up.

Errrh. Stepping up sucks sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, hang in there! I've been stalling on and off this entire journey! LOL Check out my blog...I tried a new WLS recipe that is friendly for the RNYers and the banders....it was YUMMY and so easy to make.