Lola background

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Postponement?? :(

Well, it looks like I may have to postpone my surgery. :(  My Ob/Gyn called with news on the follow-up ultrasound that I had last week (having lower abdominal pain). The 1 1/2" cyst that was there a month ago seems to have increased to the size of a tennis ball, and there now appears to be a small mass in it. I have to have an MRI and though the doc doesn't think that it is the big "C", she did say the word precancerous several times, and said that she wants me to cancel my surgery and have the ovary taken out next week. I have weird feelings about the whole thing. Surreal. I'm bummed about postponing the surgery, but then again I know that my immediate health should come first. I'm hoping and praying that is isn't any more serious than what she says. I'm trying not to freak out until I'm told that it is time to freak out. Deep breaths...Deep breaths...

No comments: